Omaha North High Magnet PTSO
North High PTSO is gearing up for the 2021-2022 school year!
Join this group that supports North’s students, teachers, and staff the second Tuesday of each month.
North’s PTSO has FUN! Read this information sheet to see how you can volunteer this year.
Support your student and their teachers and staff through PTSO membership and volunteering.
- Even if you have a few minutes or a few hours to volunteer, your ideas, time, and talents are truly needed.
- Your availability can be matched with volunteer opportunities.
PTSO MEETINGS: PLEASE COME!
- First meeting: Tuesday, September 14 @ 6:00pm-7:00pm: Haddix Conference Room
- Meet PTSO members and discuss the events and activities planned with committee chairs and members.
- Second Tuesday of each month: 6:00pm-7:00pm
- October 12 November 9 December 14 January 11
- February 8 March 8 April 12 May 10
PTSO BOARD MEMBERS 2020-2021
VICE PRESIDENT: Nickie Landis:
2nd VICE PRESIDENT: Dr. Collette Nero: email@example.com 531-299-2700 / work
TREASURER: Adam Steffen:
SECRETARY: Christine Steffen:
CONTACT PTSO at OmahaNorthPTSO@gmail.com
POST PROM PARTY: PTSO’s signature annual event
- PTSO provides the Post Prom Party for Omaha North Juniors, Seniors and invited guests: Spring 2022.
- Volunteer opportunities abound!
- provide food and/or prizes.
- create decorations throughout the year: dates TBD.
- help set up the event Friday afternoon and the Saturday beforehand.
- be one of 50 volunteers the night of the event.
- help with the Special Needs Post Prom just before Prom
- Most importantly, volunteers are needed immediately to help create/paint decorations.
- meet Saturday mornings by the old gym throughout the year.
- help with “take home projects” for the Party.
- The level of PTSO volunteerism to make this event successful cannot be understated!
- PTSO and sets up table centerpieces and serves drinks at the three sports banquets throughout the year.
- There is an evening banquet in late November, March and May; each requires the assistance of 1 – 3 members.
- Varsity Football HOME games are held at Omaha Northwest stadium: 8204 Crown Point Avenue.
- This year 5 regular season games will be hosted - late August through October.
- Home AND Away side concession stands are hosted, requiring 10 – 12 volunteers for each game.
- Concession income is the PTSO’s #1 source of funding.
- Omaha North PTSO hosts concessions for all HOME Varsity Boys’ and Girls’ Basketball games at North.
- Approximately 12 games between November and February, requiring 6 volunteers each game.
NORTH HONORS NIGHT
- North’s PTSO (3-4 members) provides refreshments at North’s Honors Night, held in May.
NORTH PTSO MEMBERSHIP
- Volunteers (3-4 required) host a PTSO table to discuss the organization and sign-up members at:
- Back to School Days Fall Open House Fall Parent-Teacher Conferences.
NORTH PTSO SCHOLARSHIP
- A committee of 3 – 5 members selects qualified Seniors to receive scholarships, awarded in the Spring.
- To qualify for this scholarship, either/ both the student or a family member must be a PTSO member for 2 consecutive years.
NORTH PTSO FUNDING
A committee of parents and teachers review and select qualified North High grant applicants once per semester.
- Grantees are funded directly from the PTSO for special projects, teacher-classroom development, student organizations, and athletic expenses not covered in the athletic budget.
- Historically the PTSO has awarded between $5000-$9000 per year in total.
TEACHER/STAFF APPRECIATION EVENTS
- The PTSO provides a few “Thank You” events for over 150 Teachers, Counselors and Support Staff.
- PTSO provides food, drinks, and baked goods.
- Typically, 4 – 6 volunteers set up the night before / 4 – 10 volunteers help serve and clean up after each event.
- Want to help design, build and decorate another Awarding Winning Float? Work begins 3 -4 weeks prior to Homecoming.
- And/or walk with North High PTSO in the Parade, September 10th.
PTSO Representatives with the Omaha North Foundation Board
- Tiffanie McCowin and Kelly Push
Baker’s Community Rewards Program
- Shopping at Baker’s can benefit Omaha North High Magnet School PTSO.
- Link your Baker’s card with the COMMUNITY REWARDS PROGRAM.
- Sign up at www.bakersplus.com.
- Last school year we earned over $ 2,000!
When you shop at Amazon go through @AmazonSmile. Amazon will make a donation to Omaha North High Magnet PTSO on eligible purchases. https://smile.amazon.com/ch/46-0814144
Click here for the Membership Form.